Open in the app
Zu Fuß ins Nachbarland
Zu Fuß ins Nachbarland
Zu Fuß ins Nachbarland
On foot to the neighboring country over the Old Town Bridge
Already since 1298 there was a bridge here. Originally made of wood, it had to be renewed again and again due to loads from the trade caravans, fires, floods and the effects of war. In 1906/1907 a stone bridge was built. In addition, the old Jacob Böhme House, a cloth factory and the Holy Spirit Church were demolished. On May 7, 1945, soldiers of the Wehrmacht blew up the bridge. For almost half a century the river remained without crossing at this place. On October 20, 2004, today's Old Town Bridge was officially opened. Since then, the pedestrian bridge has reconnected the two parts of the European City of Görlitz/Zgorzelec at the historic site and symbolizes the growing together of the two cities.
Show original
3 Added to favorites 0 UPs received
goerlitz.de
goerlitz.de
Updated 3 months ago
Further information
goerlitz.de
0358147570
© 2024 urbnups UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Apple App StoreGoogle Play Store